Tuesday 4 August 2015

not retired

I was wondering what other people do in their retirement. It varies a lot. Some embrace it, some refuse it. My pal reckons that while he has retired from the institution he has not retired from social action and trying to make a difference. I have bullet pointed my variation on the wide ranging theme.

I may not have ‘retired’.

  • I no longer get paid in cash but rather in satisfaction for a job well done.
  • I no longer have a boss who sets my agenda so I am free to follow the unconscious game plan.
  • I no longer have predefined users for my thoughts about changing minds but there is a potentially enormous and international audience for my blog. (21,496 views in 31 months = 693 views/month = 23 views per day)

I have an unwritten workplan and am well motivated to:

  • keep up to date with the latest thinking (text and a/v sources and chat) concerning big history, evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, mindfulness - as these relate to politics (power and policy)
  • write one-pagers in plain language about ‘my’ subjective reactions to the latest thinking
  • meditate so as to ensure peace of  mind by:
  1. sitting quietly doing nothing so as to drop off body and mind
  2. sitting quietly minding the breathing
  3. calling to mind the inner witness to what enters the attention centre
  • doodle to highlight the fact of unconscious activity, and enable a return to the non-egoic state
  • let stories emerge from the unconscious (aka – the muse) while it is non-egoic and out of space and time ie in the omni-present moment

I continue to produce one-pagers that might help to change minds – including my own. The intention is to avoid having everyone bow down to a grand worldview. The intention is to undercut zealous adherence to world views and to encourage an unattached openness to culture-specific points of view.

Reality is a jigsaw made from the shape-changing products of the default mode network. Mind stuff is forever in flux. Thoughts, feelings and moods (TFM) are briefly clumped to form actionable hypotheses which are used to monitor and evaluate the signals arriving at the sense organs.

So - “the only constant thing is change” and there is no resting place this side of the grave for the material me, nor this side of the death of the sun for Life as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment