Thursday 16 May 2013

retirement planning



On top of Parkinson’s Disease and its dopamine increasing medications I am presently got at by a urinary infection and its antibiotics. The infection has been lingering for a week and has induced lethargy and a reduction in posts to this blog. 

I have just returned from the nurse who took blood samples to send for testing. She has exams tomorrow which are stressing her. She is due for retirement soon. She is looking forward to having the pressure levels cut back. There are thoughts about the University of the Third Age.

I have not engaged with formal education as part of my retirement plan. I don’t really have a retirement plan although there is a strong intention to record my progress with mindfulness. The problem with that is the Parkinson’s. The disease and its medications make my experiences abnormal and thus of limited value to other people. But there are grey areas. The PD may be more or less readily felt in some areas than in others. It can, for example, be discounted when I am dealing with neuroscience and evolutionary psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment